Registration for Occupational Fields General
CAMPUS-Support der Fakutät 4
- Send Email
General Information to the Registration of Occupational Fields
In addition to registration for courses and exams, in some degree programs at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering there is a so-called occupational field registration. Students actively communicate by these registrations which occupational field resp. which study/specialization field in their degree program they wish to enroll in.
Registration to occupational fields resp. study/specialization fields for students usually occurs through modular registration procedures in CAMPUS Office.
Degree programs with registration to occupational fields
Registration for occupational fields resp. study/specialization fields through modular registration procedures is possible for the following degree programs:
- Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Business Administration and Engineering (field of Mechanical Engineering) (B.Sc.)
- Aeronautical Engineering and Astronautics (M.Sc.)
- Energy Technology (M.Sc.)
- Automotive Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Plastics and Textile Technology (M.Sc.)
- Production Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Business Administration and Engineering (field of Mechanical Engineering) (M.Sc.)
Registration for Occupational Fields in Communication in Technology
Students in the Bachelor course of study Communication in Technology with the second subject Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering, must take two occupational fields from five (production technology, construction technology, energy and process engineering, plastics and textile engineering, transport technology) encompassing at least 16 credit points.
Registration for occupational fields is mandatory. However, they ensure students are put in the correct occupational field. If students are incorrectly placed, it is possible that later exam registrations will not be processed.
Registration for an occupational field
Registration for an occupational field resp. a study field or field of specialization works analogically to modular registration procedures for lectures and exams.
The courses (occupational/study/specialization field) are in CAMPUS – depending on the degree program – in the sections “Registration for occupational fields”, “Registration for study fields” or “Registration for fields of specialization”.
Caption: Labeling of registration procedures illustrated by the example Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc.)
Registration deadlines for occupational fields resp. a study/specialization field correspond to registration deadlines of exams. Please keep confirmation emails of the CAMPUS system in electronic form. These are necessary as evidence in case of problems with the registration procedures.
FAQs Registration Occupational Field
When may I register for an occupational field?
Registration for an occupational field is possible if you
- are matriculated in one of the above listed degree programs,
- are at least in the 5th semester of the Bachelor degree program Mechanical Engineering,
- are not assigned to any occupational field.
Registration for an occupational field does not work. What can I do?
In case of problems during registration through modular registration procedures, please contact
When notifying problems, please always include the following information, since otherwise it is not possible to process your request:
- Full name,
- Matriculation number,
- Name of registration procedure,
- Degree program as well as occupational field/field of specialization,
- Short description of problem, exact citation of error message, if applicable screen shot