Organizing the Internship
1. Find a Suitable Company
- Is it an industrial production company?
- Is it accredited as a training company by the appropriate chamber?
Note: The IHK website has a list of apprenticeship positions available.
2. Complete the Number of Weeks Necessary
Pay attention to the guidelines: a total of 20 internship weeks, 6 weeks before studies
Complete Basic Internship with Minimum Duration
|GP1||Exciting production processes||2||4|
|GP3||Thermal bonding and separation techniques||1||2|
Technical Internship Part A
Complete one week in at least two sections
|FP2||Tool and Fixture Construction||1||3|
|FP3||Maintenance, Servicing, Repair||1||3|
|FP4||Measuring, Testing, Quality Control||1||3|
Technical Internship Part B
You are not required but are strongly recommended to complete Technical Internship Part B.
|FP7||Development, Design, Planning Operation|
|FP8||Project internship specific to studies or specialization
(requires written approval from the Internship Office)
Technical Internship Part B – FP7 and FP8 – a maximum of 8 weeks.
You can arrange the remaining weeks using the sections outlined in the guidelines.
Project Internship (FP8)
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the specialization/field, company, and what areas you will be interning in.
An internship abroad must also be completed in an industrial production company.
3. The Internship Report
must contain the following:
- Application from the virtual internship office should be the cover page.
- Original certificate from the company, including information about what areas you worked in, how long, and whether you missed any days, including for vacation
- Table of contents
- Text: 2 pages per week and area, no daily reports
- Original signature from the company
4. Submit Report
No later than 6 months after completion of the internship
Pre-internship: end of the first semester at the latest, that is March 31
Internship Office mailbox, 2nd floor, Kackertstraße 9, 52072 Aachen
5. Pick Up Report
- Please wait until you have received an email from the Internship Office.
- Pay attention to the bottom of the email, where we may ask you for additional documents.
- Pick up the report as soon as possible from the Internship Office.
Note: Hold on to your reports and certificates and keep them in a safe place.