TME - Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems
Head of the Institute
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. (USA) Stefan Pischinger
Fields of Study
Energy Technology, Automotive Engineering and Transport
- Fuel cell and hydrogen technologies
- Electrified Powertrains
- Virtual network and co-simulation
The Center for Mobile Propulsion is researching hybrid drive systems for mobile applications. The core objectives are to increase the efficiency in the operation of mobile drives and to reduce their environmental impact. To achieve this, a new generation of electrified drives is needed whose development requires a networked and interdisciplinary development environment.
To this end, important questions are discussed and investigated in the fields of:
- Real-time modeling of technical systems
- Co-simulation of different models
- Coupling of virtual and real systems
- Control and regulation of complex systems and improvement of operational management
concerning various components and system structures.