Current exchange students or applicants with German course at the RWTH
|Steps||For Master build on Bachelor Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration & Engineering: Mechanical Engineering and Computational Engineering Science||For Automation Engineering and Simulation Science|
Online application in the database of the Registrar's Office for non-restricted courses of study
|Online application in the database of the Registrar's Office for non-restricted courses of study|
Online registration in the Database of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Supplement for verification of the admission Requirements)
|Completion of the Excel sheet for AT or SISc|
Preparing and finishing your online application:
|Preparing and finishing your online application:
Feedback to your application
|Feedback to your application|
1. Online Application in the database of the International Office for non-restricted courses of study
Please fill out the Application tool, which is available at the International Office. Use therefore the manual on the website of the International Office.
2. For Master based on Bachelor Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration & Engineering: Mechanical Engineering and Computational Engineering Science
Online Registration in the Database of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Supplement for verification of the admission Requirements)
As soon as you have registered your data with the International Office online (see above), you will be automatically directed to our database. If you are not automatically redirected (or want to complete an unfinished application), please log in to or register with our database fill out the online application form and subsequently print out the generated web page ("Beiblatt auf Überprüfung der Zugangsvoraussetzungen" - Supplement for verification of the admission requirements). Please sign this print-out an enclose it as part of your application documents.
Completing the "Beiblatt auf Überprüfung der Zugangsvoraussetzungen":
To generate the supplement for verification of the admission requirements, please proceed as follows when entering your data in our database:
- Register with the database
- Specify your prior university and prior course of study
- Upload the module handbook of your Bachelor's course or provide a link
- List all relevant subjects taken as part of your Bachelor's course
- Provide information on internships/placements completed
Subsequently please print out our the generated web page, sign it, and enclose in in your application
For Automation Engineerung and Simulation Science
Completion of the Excel sheet for AT and SiSc
Please download and fill in the following documents and upload the Excel sheet to the database of the Registar’s Office:
3. Preparing and finishing your online application:
Please compile the following documents for your application and upload them to the application tool:
- "Supplement for verification of the admission requirements “ of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering or Excel sheet of the master program Automation Engineering or Simulation Science
- the curriculum of your prior degree program, which must show how many contact hours (hours of instruction) you had in each course. This specification can bei direct ("the Linear Algebra course had 45 hours of teaching") or indirect ("Linear Algebra" was a 16-week course with 2 contact hours per week"). Moreover, it must become clear how many number of minutes each course hour or lesson comprised, e.g. 1 contact hour = 45 minutes of instruction. If this specification is missed, a duration of 45 minutes is assumed for each contact hour.
- an academic calendar, which shows the length of each semester in weeks
- Certificates on completed internships at engineering companies (or engineerings divisions of a company). For further information on internships, please refer to the pages of the Internship Office.
- Excerpts of the module handbook, which provides descriptions of the content of the courses you completed
- If German is not your native language, please enclose proof of you language proficiency.
The following certificates are accepted:
- German as a Foreign Language, TestDaF for short, at least Level 4 in all examination areas
- German language exam for university entrance, DSH levels 2 or 3
- German Language Diploma of the Kultusministerkonferenz – Second Level, that is KMK II
- Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom, KDS for short, Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom, GDS for short, or Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung, also called the Goethe Institute ZOP
- German Language Examination II of the Munich Language and Interpreting Institute
These documents must be submitted in German or English. Documents in other languages can not be taken into account. You can find the translation requirements in our FAQ.
Applications that are sent to the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering can not be taken into account.
The online application form is available between May 15th and July 15th (application for the winter semester) and between November 15th and January 15th (application for the summer semester).
Applications after the above named application periods will not be taken into account.
4. Feedback on Your Application
After we have processed your application, you will receive a notification from the Registrar's Office which tells you whether you have been admitted to to the Master's course. It is possible that you are admitted, but must complete some additional requirements. These additional requirements are listed in this letter of admission.
If you have been admitted to the course by the relevant Examination Board of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, you can enroll for the course at the International Office during the enrollment period, which is mentioned on the letter of admission. For information on enrollment, deadlines, and required documents, please check your RWTH online profil.
Due to the large number of applications and fair treatment considerations, we cannot provide information on the status of applications before September 15th for the winter semester and March 15th for the summer semester.
We would like to inform our international students about the BeBuddy program, a support program offered by the International Office, and of the services and events offered by INCAS, who assist international students in finding their way in Aachen and organize events.